Breakthrough medical and scientific research shows that smiling:
- Boosts mood & eases pain, through bursts of dopamine & oxycontin.
- Promotes relaxation & repair, by holding stress hormones back.
- Increases oxygen in the blood, empowering muscles & organs.
- Prevents illness and promotes long-term health, by supporting the immune system through release of neuropeptides.
- Correlates with long, happy life, according to a study that found a relationship between smiling faces and positive life outcomes including happy marriage and extended lifespan.
Why not smile our way to a brighter, longer "healthspan" -- minimizing disability, not to mention its heavy cost.